Rush Limbaugh dies after suffering from lung cancer – US politics live
- Limbaugh’s wife announces death on radio show
- White House ‘not in a place [to] predict’ when normalcy will return
- Harris: ‘Teachers should be a priority with other frontline workers’
- US distributing 1.7m vaccine doses a day, top official says
- Winter storm amplifies power grid inequality for Texans
Former Republican president George W. Bush released a statement earlier today with his and his wife, Laura’s, condolences on the death of conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh.
“Laura and I are sorry to learn that Rush Limbaugh has passed away,” the statement read. “Rush Limbaugh was an indomitable spirit with a big heart, and he will be missed.”
Former President George W Bush on Limbaugh death: pic.twitter.com/xRPQXJEXOw
The South Carolina House has passed a bill banning nearly all abortions in the state, following the lead of other states with similar measures that would go into effect if the US Supreme Court were to overturn Roe v. Wade.
The Associated Press writes:
The proposal passed the state senate on Jan. 28. It faces a final procedural vote in the House on Thursday that likely won’t change the outcome and will then be sent to the governor for his signature. Republican governor Henry McMaster has promised to sign the measure as soon as possible.
The House voted 79-35 in favor of the bill after nearly all members of the Democratic caucus walked out in protest at one point.Continue reading…