Coronavirus live news: Japan mulls longer lockdown – reports; G7 talks on wider vaccine supply
More doses for poorer countries tops G7 agenda on final day of summit; Tokyo could stay in lockdown less than three months before Olympics; Australian PM says India ban ‘is working’
- Analysis: Britain’s reasons for Covid optimism
- ‘Like living in a horror film’: UK doctors raise Covid funds for India
- ‘People will die’: Australia’s India ban under fire
- Foreign Office revises UK Covid advice for non-essential travel
- See all coronavirus coverage
Tokyo could be be placed under extended lockdown to contain the spread of coronavirus less than three months before the city hosts the Olympic Games, according to local media reports.
The Japanese capital and other cities including Osaka and Kyoto were placed into emergency lockdown on 25 April and were expected to emerge from restrictions next Tuesday, 11 May.
Good morning/afternoon/evening wherever you are. I’m Martin Farrer and welcome to our live coverage of the global coronavirus pandemic.
Here are some of the main developments from the the past few hours to get you up to speed with what is going on:Continue reading…