Coronavirus live news: India locks down population of 1.3bn as Hubei eases restrictions
UN urges G20 to adopt ‘wartime plan’; WHO warns US risks could become the centre of the pandemic; EU urged to evacuate refugees from greek camps.
- Why the US has struggled to tackle a growing crisis
- California scrambles to avoid Covid-19’s worst-case scenario
- No 10 criticised after unclear lockdown advice confuses public
- See all our coronavirus coverage
- Support the Guardian’s independent journalism. Make a contribution
Libya recorded its first confirmed case of the coronavirus on Tuesday, the UN-backed government announced, stoking concern that an outbreak could overwhelm the war-torn country’s already weakened health care system.
The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported 100 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday, bringing the total infections in the country to 9,137. The death toll rose by one to 126.
Of the new cases, 34 were from travellers, KCDC data showed.
The number of new cases is up from the previous day’s count of 76.Continue reading…