Baltimore mayor urges Trump to scrap visit due to coronavirus lockdown order – live
- President and first lady to participate in Memorial Day ceremony in city
- Michael Cohen released from prison over coronavirus concerns
- US unemployment rises by 2.4m despite easing of lockdowns
- US has three months to rebuild medical supplies stockpile – Obama scientists
- Coronavirus – latest global updates
- Get a fresh perspective on America – sign up to our First Thing newsletter
The moment of truth has arrived, and the president is … not wearing a mask as he tours a Ford manufacturing plant in Ypsilanti, Michigan, despite a policy requiring face coverings.
Trump starts his tour of Ford’s Rawsonville Plant with four executives in face masks. He isn’t wearing one. pic.twitter.com/GZm6FTdEcv
Speaking during his visit to Michigan this afternoon, it looks like the president is putting pressure on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to issue guidelines of some kind that will indicate it’s okay to restart in-person church services.
He made an eyebrow-raising statement a little earlier when he told a gathering of African American leaders: “We are opening our churches again. I think the CDC is going to put something out very soon, spoke to them today. I think they are going to put something out very soon. We got to open our churches.”Continue reading…