Biden condemns Trump as ‘climate arsonist’ as wildfires burn – live
- Democratic contender attacks Trump’s climate strategy
- Trump on climate crisis: ‘I don’t think science, knows, actually’
- Biden: Climate change is ‘not a partisan phenomenon’
- Trump to Woodward: ‘Nothing more could have been done’ on Covid
- Nearly all missing people accounted for as at least 35 killed US fires
- Sign up for our First Thing newsletter
Michael Caputo, the assistant secretary of public affairs at the department of health and human services, reportedly accused scientists at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of “sedition” over their response to the coronavirus pandemic.
According to the New York Times, Caputo claimed (without any evidence) that CDC officials were forming a “resistance unit” aimed at undermining Trump.
Related: Trump ally who sought to change CDC Covid reports claims he was fighting ‘deep state’
During the briefing on the west coast wildfires, Wade Crowfoot, the secretary of California’s Natural Resources Agency, emphasized that climate change was exacerbating the crisis.
“It’ll start getting cooler, you just watch.” – President Trump.
“I wish science agreed with you” – CA Natural Resources Secretary.
“I don’t think science knows actually.”- President Trump.#NBC7. pic.twitter.com/0tMvYX3IUN
It actually won’t get cooler Mr. President. #ClimateChangeIsReal pic.twitter.com/gYWtitBdcNContinue reading…