Jon Ossoff leads in Georgia Senate election as Congress prepares to certify Biden victory – live
- Biden to nominate Merrick Garland as attorney general – report
- Rev Raphael Warnock defeats Republican senator Kelly Loeffler
- Georgia Senate runoff elections – live results
- Why Georgia Senate elections are a big deal
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
After congressman Paul Gosar raised an objection to Arizona’s electoral votes and confirmed the objection was co-signed by senator Ted Cruz, Republicans offered Gosar a standing ovation in the chamber.
Republicans applaud Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ) after he objects to counting the electoral votes for Arizona, which will go to Joe Biden and Kamala Harris https://t.co/wTKxzqAo9U pic.twitter.com/eFHCAs2PhZ
Congressional Republicans have raised their first objection to the certification of Joe Biden’s victory in the presidential race.
After senator Amy Klobuchar announced Arizona’s 11 electoral votes would go to Biden and Kamala Harris, Paul Gosar, a Republican congressman from Arizona, raised an objection.Continue reading…